Website Design for Architects
As an architect, it’s essential to have a well-designed professional website as a part of your architecture firm’s marketing strategy. Your site serves as much more than a static page with contact information; it has the potential to represent your brand. Understanding website design for architects can take your business to the next level. You may be questioning how you get started and what you need to consider. This article will break down the top four things you need to know before designing or updating your website.
Why is website design for architects important?
Website design for architects is essential because it connects you with your client base. The process of identifying your target audience, understanding their needs, and identifying solutions to meet those needs can significantly help your overall marketing strategy. Your website is the face of your business. Oftentimes, your website will be the first point of interaction between your firm and the client, so it’s important to make a great first impression.
Who should build the website for my architecture firm?
Consider hiring a professional marketing agency to design your architecture’s firm’s website. This is a great option because you can leverage the expertise of professionals. There are several benefits to hiring a marketing agency to design your architecture firm’s website, including:
- Marketing firms understand modern design components, which change frequently in our dynamic environment.
- Contracting with an agency allows you to free up your resources to run your business. Your team is most likely comprised of professionals who have expertise in architecture, not web design. Therefore, if you allocate in-house resources to a website design project, you may end up spending more in payroll costs for an inferior product. It’s a smart use of financial and staffing resources to allow professionals to focus on their area of expertise.
- Optimizing your entire website for the Google search algorithm is an important component of your overall marketing strategy and requires marketing expertise. It’s best to let professionals apply their knowledge of the latest search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to your site.
Even if you decide to leverage a professional marketing agency, it is still important to understand the basics of website design for architects as you build partner with the firm.
What should I include on my architecture firm’s website?
While a visually appealing website looks nice, appearance is not the only aspect of website design architects need to consider. You also need to understand your ideal client and how your firm can solve their problems. The graphics, colors, and content on your site represent your brand, but you should also consider the following components:
- Mobile-friendly design
- Clear description of your business, inclusive of contact information, on the homepage
- Fast performance / load speed
- Search engine optimization (SEO) content
- SSL security
All of these aspects will greatly improve your ranking on Google. According to a study conducted by Moz, the first page of Google search results accounts for 71 to 92 percent of click-through rates. The second page results fare far worse, resulting in only a 6 percent click rate. Given this data, it is apparent that employing these techniques is essential to drive web traffic to your site.
As you can see, it’s important to focus on more than your website’s appearance, content, and design. In this digital age, having an effective and well-designed website for your architecture firm is required to grow your business and connect with clients.